Ottawa Inner City HealthCity:
The role of the Primary care Paramedic (PCP) Consumption & Treatment Services (CTS) is to supervise the health status of clients accessing CTS and to:
- Provide immediate emergency health care interventions in accordance with the medical directives, standard treatment protocols and other care directives established by OICH.
- Provide direction to the front-line staff with respect to the care and treatment of clients in the CTS program.
- Work collaboratively with members of the Harm Reduction team and RPN team to ensure that all client needs are met.
- Engage the client in a therapeutic relationship, assessing the clients needs and referring the client for services as needed.
- Ensure that medical records and other date reporting requirements are accurate and completed within a reasonable timeframe.
- Supervise clients who are part of the CTS program while they inject.
Requirements for this position:
- Meet the paramedic practice standards.
- Be certified to practice as a paramedic in the province of Ontario.
- You are guided by the service delivery philosophy and the mission of OICH.
- Bilingual English/French an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work with other care professionals in care delivery.
Your insights, beliefs and values enable you to:
- Be comfortable working in an interdisciplinary team setting which includes regulated and nonregulated health care providers.
- Demonstrate compassion towards people who are living with significant risk and distress in their lives.
- Help patients promote their abilities, independence and self esteem through practical skills, advanced nursing knowledge and compassionate understanding.
- Be a self-starter and self-directed.
- Work independently and cooperatively as a community builder with the delivery of community-based healthcare.
- Support the service delivery philosophy and goals of OICH.
- Apply harm reduction strategies in a clinical setting.
- Act effectively in situations of profound loss and suffering with individuals who choose to live at risk.
Ottwa Inner City Health welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
**Please note that successful candidates must provide proof of COVID19 vaccinations and a vulnerable sector police records check.**
To learn more and apply, visit here: https://ottawainnercityhealth.applytojobs.ca/paramedics/23027View Job Posting
This job posting is a paid advertisement.