Ontario has over 11,000 Paramedics, 1200 Communications Officers and more than 2000 Support Staff who handle 1.75 million emergency calls every year.
Paramedics are very proud to offer seamless service to 14.8 million Ontario residents in 444 communities.
Ontario Paramedics Supporting Communities
Ontario's highly trained paramedics have also stepped up to work in multiple contexts of health care throughout the pandemic:
- Long Term Care settings (other provinces utilized the Canadian Armed Forces)
- Community Paramedics (providing hospital-level treatments in private residences)
- COVID swabbing and COVID vaccine teams
- Operation Remote Immunity (vaccinating communities in the far north)
- Emergency Departments (due to staffing shortages in hospitals)
How to Become a Paramedic
News & Events
Health Care Paradigm
According to André Picard, Health Reporter and Columnist, from Paramedicine to the Hospitals, patients want health care that is:
Picard, A. (2019, September 20). Quirky Past, Uncertain Future: Where is medicare headed in the 21st Century? Paramedicine Across Canada Expo. from: www.PACExpo.ca
Paramedics: Join thousands of OPA members
Public: Donate and support paramedics